READING PROFILE

Hello! My name is Sara. I grew up not reading books mostly, but rather story-based video games, like the Metal Gear Solid series, the Elder Scrolls series, and the Silent Hill series. It wasn't until I was already in high school in college that I really got into books as heavily as I am now. Kudos to those of you who had the patience to sit down and read as children! I couldn't find much that held my attention as much as an interactive experience did.


That being said, I prefer to usually read non-fiction books, but now and then I dabble into fiction if something particularly catches my attention. I prefer non-fiction titles about history and folklore. I prefer science fiction, fantasy, and thriller fiction titles. The most recent non-fiction book I've read is a collection of Slavic native folklore and mythology. The most recent fiction book I've read (and loved) is Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. This book really routed me back into the realm of literature after having stepped away from proper reading for several months.

The five genres I think I want to focus on this semester are: Non-Fiction, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, and Horror.

Looking at our textbook, Saricks describes adrenaline as fast-paced to quickly capture and sustain reader interest. (Saricks, 2019, p.3) This is probably what lead to my jump from video games to books and back again.

REFERENCES
Saricks, J. G. (2019). The Readers' Advisory Guide to Genre Fiction. Chicago: ALA Editions.

Comments

  1. I read a TON of Star Wars and Halo books so I feel you. The world-building is so good! Great profile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I know this is an old post but I just had to comment this somewhere--I think the gif you have as your blog heading is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment